Committee on Transfer Students
By policy and by longstanding practice, each year the University welcomes new undergraduate students who began their postsecondary education at other colleges and universities. By virtue of their talent, their persistence, and their diversity of background and experience, these transfer students enrich the education of their classmates, strengthen the campus community, and help the University achieve its broader mission.
In recognition of the integral role that transfer students play at the University, the Advisory Committee on Undergraduate Admissions established the Committee on Transfer Students in 2010 with an expectation that the committee remain active for four academic years.
The Advisory Committee has charged the committee with developing strategies to enhance the experience of such students at UNC, and especially their retention and graduation rates. Specifically, the Advisory Committee has charged the committee with:
- Focusing on the needs of students from recruitment through graduation, with a special emphasis on the needs of students who transfer into the junior class.
- Enhancing outreach and information for prospective and admitted students.
- Exploring opportunities to centralize services for transfer students.
- Expanding programming and services, including advising, orientation and other transition services, and the evaluation of transfer credit.
- Increasing participation in undergraduate learning opportunities outside of the classroom—for example, in undergraduate research, study abroad, service learning, and internships.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of current and proposed initiatives that strengthen the experience and the success of students.
The members and the chair are appointed by the chair of the Advisory Committee on Undergraduate Admissions. Because the committee is expected to conclude its work within four years, the members serve without fixed term.
Adopted August 2010
Revised November 2012
|Last Name||First Name||Constituency/Electoral Division||Term Expires|
|Abels||Kim||Writing and Learning Center||2014|
|Bartholomew||Kathryn||Housing and Residential Education||2014|
|Coleman||Drew||First Year Seminars||2014|
|Egbert||Rebecca||Undergraduate Admissions, Chair||2014|
|Fisher||Annice||Undergraduate Retention, Education||2014|
|Gomez||Emily||University Career Services||2014|
|Mann||April||New Student and Carolina Parent Programs||2014|
|Murphy||Kaitlyn||School of Information and Library Science||2014|
|Perez||Josmell||Diversity and Multicultural Affairs||2014|
|Trollinger||Ann||Scholarships, Awards and Student Aid||2014|