The Faculty Code establishes eleven standing committees whose members are elected at-large by vote of all members of the Voting Faculty. Even in cases where membership on particular committees is apportioned by rank or school or broad area (e.g. Health Affairs, Academic Affairs), the entire Voting Faculty votes for all members of these committees.
Additionally, according to the changes made in 2013 to § 8-3 of the Faculty Code, members of the faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences elect the four members of a twelfth committee, the Arts and Sciences Advisory Committee.
Elected committees are:
- Administrative Board of the Library
- Advisory Committee
- Appointments, Promotions, & Tenure Committee
- Arts and Sciences Advisory Committee
- Athletics Committee
- Educational Policy Committee
- Faculty Assembly Delegation
- Faculty Executive Committee
- Faculty Grievance Committee
- Faculty Hearings Committee
- Financial Exigency and Program Change Committee
- General Education Oversight Committee
- Honorary Degrees & Special Awards Committee