The Honorary Degrees and Special Awards Committee of the Faculty considers nominations from the faculty for five major awards each year:
- Distinguished Alumna and Alumnus Awards, presented each fall on University Day
- O. Max Gardner Award (UNC System-wide award), presented by the Board of Governors
- Edward Kidder Graham Award, presented each fall on University Day
- Honorary Degrees, awarded at Commencement each May
- Thomas Jefferson Award, presented at a fall Faculty Council meeting
You will find information about each award, including instructions on submitting nominations and a list of past winners, at the links below.
The deadlines for receiving nominations for these awards are as follows:
- Distinguished Alumna/Alumnus Awards (for 2021): September 21, 2020
- Edward Kidder Graham Award (for 2021): October 12, 2020
- O. Max Gardner Award (for 2021): Local campus deadline: November 30, 2020
- Honorary Degrees (for 2022): February 22, 2021
- Thomas Jefferson Award (for 2021): April 19, 2021 *new date*
HDA Committee secure area login
Members of the HDA Committee may access secure materials and documents related to committee work and award nominations through Sakai (Onyen login required).