The Honorary Degrees and Special Awards Committee of the Faculty considers nominations from the faculty for five major awards each year:
- Distinguished Alumna and Alumnus Awards, presented each fall on University Day
- O. Max Gardner Award (UNC System-wide award), presented by the Board of Governors
- Edward Kidder Graham Award, presented each fall on University Day
- Honorary Degrees, awarded at Commencement each May
- Thomas Jefferson Award, presented at a fall Faculty Council meeting
You will find information about each award, including instructions on submitting nominations and a list of past winners, at the links below.
The deadlines for receiving nominations for these awards are as follows:
- Distinguished Alumna/Alumnus Awards (for 2022): October 18, 2021
- Edward Kidder Graham Award (for 2022): September 13, 2021
- O. Max Gardner Award (for 2022): Local campus deadline: November 22, 2021
- Honorary Degrees (for 2023): February 14, 2022
- Thomas Jefferson Award (for 2021): April 4, 2022
HDA Committee secure area login
Members of the HDA Committee may access secure materials and documents related to committee work and award nominations through Sakai (Onyen login required).