The Honorary Degrees and Special Awards Committee of the Faculty considers nominations from the faculty for five major awards each year:
- Distinguished Alumna and Alumnus Awards, presented each fall on University Day
- O. Max Gardner Award (UNC System-wide award), presented by Board of Governors
- Honorary Degrees, awarded at Commencement each May
- Thomas Jefferson Award, presented at Faculty Council in September
- Edward Kidder Graham Award, presented each fall on University Day
You will find information about each award, including instructions on submitting nominations and a list of past winners, at the links below.
The deadlines for receiving nominations for these awards are as follows:
- Edward Kidder Graham Award (for 2020): October 21, 2019
- Distinguished Alumna/Alumnus Awards (for 2020): September 23, 2019
- O. Max Gardner Award (for 2020): Local campus deadline: November 25, 2019
- Honorary Degrees (for 2021): February 17, 2020
- Thomas Jefferson Award (for 2020): March 23, 2020
HDA Committee secure area login
Members of the HDA Committee may access secure materials and documents related to committee work and award nominations through Sakai (Onyen login required).