Section 3-4 of the Faculty Code provides: “The faculty athletics representative is appointed by the chancellor from among the voting faculty for an indefinite term, subject to formal review at least every five years. In making an appointment to this position or reviewing the incumbent, the chancellor follows a process established with the advice and consent of the Advisory Committee. The faculty athletics representative is the University’s voting delegate to the Atlantic Coast Conference and the University’s faculty representative within the National Collegiate Athletic Association. He or she makes an annual report to the Faculty Council and makes special reports to the Council from time to time as may be requested by the Agenda Committee.”
Professor Lissa Broome completes her fifth year of service as Faculty Athletics Representative on June 30, 2015, and Chancellor Carol Folt is considering her reappointment. The Chancellor’s Advisory Committee has articulated a review process that requires the establishment of a FAR review committee to make a recommendation to the Chancellor based on inclusive, campus-wide feedback. The committee, chaired by Professor Joy Renner, has posted the following supporting document for your consideration:
The FAR Review committee seeks your input as it prepares its recommendation for Chancellor Folt. We invite you to review the document above and provide your confidential feedback via the short questionnaire at the link below. Comments received by May 8th [extended from May 1], 2015 will be most helpful.
In addition, the FAR Review committee will establish an opportunity to provide direct feedback to committee members. If you would like to receive information about meeting with committee representatives, please email your interest to email@example.com.
Professor Joy Renner
On behalf of the FAR Review Committee:
- Faculty Athletics Committee representative: Joy Renner, Chair
- University administrator: Dean Abigail Panter
- Admissions Office representative: Steve Farmer
- Athletics Compliance Office representative: Marielle VanGelder
- Head coach representative: Sam Paul, Men’s Tennis
- Athletic Department administrator: Beth Miller, Senior Woman Administrator
- Student athlete representative: Benton Moss, Senior Baseball and SAAC leader
- Chancellor’s Advisory Committee representative: Professor Beverly Taylor
- Committee Staffed by Paul Krause