The Office of Faculty Governance is pleased to announce a work-study opening for a Communications Assistant. The Communications Assistant will work with the University Program Associate and the University Program Specialist to maintain the Office of Faculty Governance website and affiliated websites.
The Communications Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Input content/update WordPress-based website
- Scan historical documents for web archive
- Create PDFs and other media for web archive
- Research and write content for monthly newsletter
- Set up and manage mail merge projects in Microsoft Word
- Assist with spring faculty elections publicity
- Attend faculty council meetings (one/month on Friday afternoons) and live-tweet meeting highlights
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
The Communications Assistant must demonstrate:
- WordPress/CMS experience
- experience with social media, especially Facebook and Twitter
- the ability to work independently
- meticulous attention to file naming and organizing
- excellent technical skills and attention to detail
The Office of Faculty Governance provides administrative support for the Faculty Council, the Chair of the Faculty, the Secretary of the Faculty, and the committees of the General Faculty. These positions enable faculty members to participate in developing university policies related to admissions, curriculum, tenure and promotion, academic planning and other academic matters. The OFG also conducts faculty-wide elections each spring.
We’re a peaceful, quiet, small office in the center of main campus. This position office great potential to learn about faculty, university, and higher education policy issues, both present and past. Great for someone interested in higher education leadership, organizational communications, faculty development and university history. Our past work-study students have gone on to gain employment in a number of industries and fields: music, journalism, business and recruiting for private companies.
More information about the position is available on the Unversity’s JobX website at https://unc.studentemployment.ngwebsolutions.com/jobxJobdetailPrint.aspx?JobId=4442&win=True