2020 Faculty Election
Running for: Division 13. School of Medicine: Faculty Council, Nontenured
- Associate Professor
- Allergy & Immunology
- Appointed: 2016
- MD/PhD, Medical University of South Carolina, 2004
- Member of the Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) admissions committee
- Member of the Department of Medicine Research Advisor Group
- Member of the UNC Children's Research Institute
- Reviewer, Carolina Medical Student Research Program
Last fall I had the privilege of participating in the Tar Heel Bus Tour. Interactions with other faculty members from across campus as well the experience of meeting folks from our state during the tour, led me to seek a more engaged role within my division, school, and local community. I want to be a strong advocate for the faculty’s central role in the public mission of UNC-Chapel Hill. I understand that this mission includes service to the state as well as service to UNC students.
I appreciate the good work that our faculty colleagues are doing in committees across disciplines as they use their time and expertise to make UNC-Chapel Hill a strong, collaborative community and I seek to lend my time to support these important endeavors.