Following on its original call for nominations for the next Secretary of the Faculty, the Advisory Committee is leaving the window for self-nominations open until Friday, February 5. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please supply your information at the link below. Or if you know of someone else who may be interested, please encourage them to do so.
Some things to keep in mind when nominating yourself or suggesting the position to a colleague:
- The time and attention that this leadership position requires.
- Experience in faculty governance.
- Knowledge of the campus.
- Commitment to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion on our campus.
- Familiarity with legislative and committee processes.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage an office.
- Understanding of policy issues relevant to faculty governance.
This position has a five-year term that will begin on July 1, 2021. The secretary is selected by the Advisory Committee and elected by the Faculty Council in the spring.
More information can be found in the online position description.
Please direct any questions regarding this position to the chair of the Advisory Committee, Prof. Suzanne Gulledge at firstname.lastname@example.org or Secretary of the Faculty Vin Steponaitis at email@example.com.