The Advisory Committee invites nominations (including self-nominations) for the next Secretary of the Faculty. The position begins on July 1, 2021, when the term of current Secretary Vin Steponaitis ends.
As outlined in the email sent to all faculty on Dec 14, the Advisory Committee is tasked with selecting a suitable candidate for the position. The committee seeks to identify a diverse and representative pool of qualified and interested nominees. Particular attention will be given to how a nominee would contribute to the mission of promoting diversity, equity and inclusion on the UNC campus.
Some things to keep in mind when nominating yourself or a colleague:
- The time and attention that this leadership position requires.
- Experience in faculty governance.
- Knowledge of the campus.
- Familiarity with legislative and committee processes.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage an office.
- Understanding of policy issues relevant to faculty governance.
More information can be found in the online position description.
For full consideration by the committee, nominations should be submitted by Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at midnight.
Please direct any questions regarding this position to the chair of the Advisory Committee, Prof. Suzanne Gulledge at firstname.lastname@example.org or Secretary of the Faculty Vin Steponaitis at email@example.com.