The Honorary Degrees and Special Awards Committee of the Faculty considers nominations from the faculty for five major awards each year:
- Distinguished Alumnus and Alumna Awards, presented each fall on University Day
- O. Max Gardner Award (systemwide award)
- Honorary Degrees awarded at Commencement each May
- Thomas Jefferson Award, presented at Faculty Council each September
- Edward Kidder Graham Award, presented each University Day, beginning in 2011
You will find information about each award, including instructions on submitting nominations and a list of past winners, at the links to the left.
Deadlines for nominations, 2017-18
The 2017-18 deadlines for receiving nominations for these awards are as follows:
- Distinguished Alumnus/a Awards (for 2018): October 14, 2017
- Edward Kidder Graham Award (for 2018): November 6, 2017
- O. Max Gardner Award (for 2018): Local campus deadline: December 1, 2017
- Honorary Degrees (for 2019): February 19, 2018
- Thomas Jefferson Award (for 2018): March 27, 2018
HDA Committee secure area login
Members of the HDA Committee may access secure materials and documents related to committee work and award nominations through the Sakai portal. Login using your ONYEN and UNC password.